David currently serves on three Boards of Directors:
- CEO and Director: ECP-PF Holdings Group, Inc.
Private Equity venture that owns/operates 73 Planet Fitness gyms in the U.S. and Canada.
- Chairman of the Board of Managers: Massage Heights Franchising, LLC
150-location upscale international spa chain with a franchise model.
- Member, Board of Directors: Pure Health Solutions, Inc.
Private Equity-owned manufacturer of Point Of Use pure water dispensers.
Prior to founding DTH Capital Ventures, David spent 25 years in leading U.S. and international businesses. He has grown companies and built brands in the consumer products, consumer services, and business services sectors, including:
ECP-PF Holdings Group, Inc. —
CEO and Board Member
CEO of a major franchisee group within the Planet Fitness gym chain.
- Recruited as a Board member by the Private Equity firms that own the business, then later asked to step into the CEO role. Operating 73 gyms and building 40 more across the U.S. and Canada.
- Secured rights to develop 27 gyms across western Canada, sharply increasing enterprise value.
- Delivering over $100 million in revenue at an EBITDA margin exceeding 30%.
The Essel Group —
Division President and CEO
Senior U.S. executive in a $3 Billion Asian conglomerate with a diverse portfolio of companies in media, wellness, entertainment, and technology-enabled services. Served simultaneously as CEO of Massage Envy and President of Natural Wellness USA under common ownership.
- Led the Essel Group’s acquisition of Massage Envy, then served as its CEO. Later orchestrated Essel’s sale of Massage Envy at a 100% ROI, and was retained as CEO by its new Private Equity owners.
- Doubled store count (to 670 locations), doubled membership (to over 1 million members), doubled revenues, and nearly quadrupled EBITDA in three years as CEO of Massage Envy.
- Co-responsible for launching Veria, a nationwide retail concept of wellness lifestyle products and services, combined with a 24×7 wellness television channel, Veria TV.
- Created four Veria Wellness Centers, an integrated concept combining wellness product sales with upscale spa services, yoga classes, and natural food cafes.
Tree of Life, Inc. —
President, Business Management
Helped guide the turnaround of this $1.3 Billion distributor and manufacturer of natural and organic foods and personal care products, with 5000 employees across the U.S. and Canada.
- As a strategic partner with the CEO, turned the company from a $50+ million loss to profitability in only two years.
- Sold over 50,000 items from major suppliers like Nestle and Kraft plus organic and specialty brands. Customers included Wal-Mart, Safeway, Publix, Whole Foods, and over 1000 natural food stores.
- Helped position the company for its sale from European to American ownership.
Philips Electronics, N.V.
Key contributor in this $30 Billion European manufacturer of a wide range of consumer and industrial electronic products.
Vice President, Global E-Business and Consumer Relationship Marketing
Responsible for B2B and B2C internet strategy and applications for a $3 Billion division worldwide.
- Created and launched a global e-business operation to market 500 products in 100 countries and provide state-of-the-art online services, supporting the Philips, Norelco, and Sonicare brands.
Regional Director, Latin America
Launched the Sao Paolo regional office and managed local operations in nine countries.
- Tripled operating profits of this $100 million business in less than three years and drove 17% compound annual revenue growth (CAGR).
- Lived in Brazil and directed activities across Central and South America, reporting to European HQ.
Vice President of Operations, Norelco (owned by Philips Electronics)
Managed eight departments, nine retail stores, and 410 authorized servicers.
- Turned around Norelco’s retail and service operation from a $750,000 loss to a $1 million profit, growing sales 20% in two years despite reducing storefronts 50% to increase RONA.
- Generated $2 million per year in savings by directing a product testing and remanufacturing center.